Hey, Everyone, I am Prakash Mishra, I would like to tell you all the information regarding the Go language. Definition of the Go language, its origin, its features, Go packages. It’s wide usage in Google for scalability, Cloud Computing, and future language of Web Development. Future and which companies are using the language and what should be the income of the developers, and many more things?
Following are things you will get in this article:
- What Is the Go language?
- Features of GO language.
- What are good platforms for learning Go?
- Why Developers should learn the Go language?
- What are the career opportunities?
- Companies are using the language as the elemental language.
1. What is the Go language?
Go is a statically typed and compiled programming language which is syntactically quite similar to C language. It was designed by GOOGLE in 2007. It provides you a lot of features like concurrency, flexibility, some powerful standard libraries, cross-platform, etc… The language is famous for its ease of learning because the developers do not add that much concepts that other languages have, they tried to make the language so easy to understand.
Go language is developed in 2009 by 3 Genius Robert Griesemer, Rob Pike, and Ken Thompson. The reason for developing the language is that Google needs a replacement of C++ language that fulfills the requirement of another language such as statically type with a high level of efficiency, high-performance networking, multicore power, readability, compilation time, and many more things.
As we all know that Google has one of the largest cloud computing infrastructures in the world and its scalability is at an enormous level. When the first dual-core processor is released in 2006 they need a language that is very scalable, they can handle the data very well but no other languages are fulfilling the requirement of Google. So they decided to make a new language which is Go language which is very scalable and efficient and it also helps them in various ways.
How to write simple Hello World Program in Go language:
2. Features of the Go language
Following are the features of Golang:
- Simplicity:- Go language is concise in nature, simple, and easy to learn. Basically, it is designed in such a way that they only added those well-known concepts which are relevant. Which does not make the language complex. It does not have that many features that other languages have. But this will help you now code is more readable, you can easily manage your code, you don’t have to split your code into small code which saves your time.
- Static Typing:- Golang is a statically typed language Which implies that the compiler does not have only one job to compile your code but also take care of other type conversion and compatibility. Hence this feature helps you to avoid all the problems which dynamic language faced.
- Syntax:- It has a different syntax as compared to other languages. Firstly, their aim is to keep the code concise and readable. It does not have any header files. Secondly, it has only 25 keywords. Lastly, let’s take an example of how it is different so if we compare declaring any variable in Golang and any other language then it is totally different. If we compare with C language you have to write int c=3; or char *s=”Hello World”; by declaring which type of variable you are using but in Golang simple i:=3 or s:= ‘Hello World’ without declaring any type of the variable and you don’t have to use a semicolon. That is amazing.
These are some Features:
- Concurrency:- This is one of the best features of the Go language which makes this language so successful. Go provides you Goroutines and Channels for dealing with concurrency. Its strength to take advantage of multi-core processor architectures and efficient memory and is the main reason it is broadly used in large applications such as Docker, Kubernetes, Dropbox, Hugo, etc…
- Powerful Standard Library:- The language provides you a lot of standard libraries which is distributed as packages. That helps you to write your code effectively. These are the standard libraries list.
- Testing Support:- It provides you a unit testing features in the language itself. It gives you a simple mechanism to write your unit test code parallel with your code. It will help you to test and understand your code very easily.
- Speed:- Its compilation speed is much faster than any other language such as C/C++. It’s possible to compile a large go code in just a few seconds. The syntax of the language is so simple that’s why their code can compile faster.
- Platform Independent:- Go language is platform-independent just like Java language. It supports every operating system.
- Community support:- According to Go the official website we saw 10,975 responses, nearly twice as many as last year. It’s huge support coming from the developers. Programmers share their ideas and experience to all the platforms regarding the language. So that they can help the language by adding valuable things. This will help other programmers to get a clear view and can solve their bugs in a very short period of time.
- Object-Oriented language:- Many of the programmers think that if it is not providing class features then how it is an OOP language. But it is an OOP language. It provides you an alternate class which is structs. It also provides your features like Embedding and interfaces.
3.What are good platforms for learning GO?
There are a bunch of platforms where you can begin learning the Go language and become a skilled developer who has a pretty good knowledge of the language. There are plenty of genuine YouTubers and amazing websites are there who are doing an amazing job to make a full course on Go language Free of cost.
Following is the list of all the YouTubers account, some useful articles, and some well-paid courses which are available to learn Go.
- freeCodeCamp.org: This is an amazing YouTube account that I have found for learning the language in just 7 hours, that is amazing. They started right from basic concepts such as variable, primitive, constants, If and Switch Statements, Goroutines, Channels, etc. will be cleared very well. You will get all the knowledge about the Go language and many more things.
2. Codeacademy.com– This is a superb website for learning any language. It ensures you that they will teach you right from basics to advanced level topics in a very easy way. And you also check out their reviews they are amazing all the viewers are fully convinced by their course.
3. A tour of Go:- This is the official website of the Go language from where you can learn the language. You can easily run your code without using any IDEs here. They provide you a playground area where you can run your code.
4. GeekForGeeks– All-time favorite of all the programmers. It provides you outstanding concepts with a lot of examples to understand instantly and you can get practice questions for exercise.
5. Master Go (Golang) Programming: The Complete Go Bootcamp 2021- This is the best-paid course on Udemy right now. They started right from basics to advanced level topics which help you to become a professional Go, programmer.
6. Programming with Google Go Specialization– One of the best courses on Coursera. Here amazing proposes the Go programming language from Google and presents scholars with a summary of Go’s exclusive features. Upon completing the three-course sequence, learners will have gained the knowledge and skills needed to create concise, efficient, and clean applications using Go.
4. Why Developers should learn the Go language?
As we have discussed earlier that the 3 geniuses who create the language their main aspect of developing the language are that it can do everything that other languages can’t. Golang( aka Go language) has proved that it is used in a massive way in all the popular projects such as Docker, Openshift, Kubernetes, Dropbox, and large scalable software systems. Golang is a simple, fast compilation, tried to reduce your code and complexity, and many more things. And according to Stackoverflow, it will become the highest-paid language in the future.
Following are the list where Golang is popularly used as the principal language:
- It is used in the Projects of Google. Google chrome was created by this language and it is also used in YouTube and Google App Engine.
- Making in Large scale network servers.
- Widely used in Cloud-native applications such as Docker, Openshift, Kubernetes, Dropbox, etc.
- To create fast and elegant CLIs.
- Formation of Scalable Database implementations.
- Future language of Web Development.
- Command-line tools.
5. Career opportunities
Mostly every programmer who is learning any programming language either it is R or something other having a question that whether there are any career opportunities, is there any future or is there any scope of learning the language. So here I am telling all the career opportunities, salaries of Programmer and which companies are using in a pretty large way.
Following are the list of various fields where you can make your career:
- Golang Developer
- Software Engineer
- Backend Developer
In the forthcoming time, the Go language also becomes the future of web development.
In India, according to PayScale the average salary of a Go programmer is between 9 to 12 lakh depends upon which profession you have chosen.
6. Companies are using the language as the elemental language
Companies are using the Go language for various purposes such as Google for small projects, Uber for geofence service, Twitch for security purposes, and many more companies. This image tells you which companies are using the language.
- Go is a statically typed and compiled programming language which is syntactically quite similar to C language. It was designed by GOOGLE in 2007.
- Go language is developed in 2009 by 3 Genius Robert Griesemer, Rob Pike, and Ken Thompson.
- Go language has a lot of features such as Simplicity, Concurrency, Powerful standard Library, Garbage collections, etc…
- They’re a bunch of platforms from where you can the language easily.
- Golang( aka Go language) has proved that it is used in a massive way in all the popular projects such as Docker, Openshift, Kubernetes, Dropbox, and large scalable software systems.
- In the forthcoming time, the Go language also becomes the future of web development.
- Many tech giants are using language such as Google, Uber, Twitch, etc…
I hope you liked the article if yes then share it with your programmer friend as well as other friends. If this article helps you then comment on which things you liked and if a you are a Go programmer then share your thought regarding the language. And lastly, if you want to learn something else related to the language then comment down I will try my best to add to the article.