Hey, Everyone, I am Prakash Mishra, I would like to tell you all the astonishing information regarding the SQL language that is one of the most popular languages in the world. SQL language is a compelling language, and millions of people are using SQL language.
Are you interested to learn the SQL language and want to get all the information regarding the language whether I have to invest my precious time or not?. So this article is completely for you in which I have included all the kinds of stuff linked to the language. Such as Definitions, history/origin, features, some good platforms to learn the language, and even more things.
Following are the questions which we will discuss in this article:
- What is the SQL programming language?
- The latest version of SQL language.
- What is RDBMS?
- Features of the language.
- What are the Good platforms to learn SQL?
- Why you have to learn the SQL language?
- Is there any career opportunity?
- Companies are using the SQL language.
- Q/A related to the language.
1. What is the SQL programming language?
SQL stands for Structured Query Language. It is a standard Database language that is used to create, maintain, and retrieve the data in a relational database management system (RDBMS). RDBM programming languages such as MySQL, Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server, Postgre, etc widely used SQL as their standard language.
SQL official website:- https://www.mysql.com/
What is RDBMS:-
Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) is a type of database in which data are stored and maintain relational databases in RDBMS. Relational data means that the data is stored and retrieved in the form of tables. In Tables, each Rows having a unique ID called a key, same as for Column it holds attributes of the data.
If you want to learn more about RDBMS how it is working then Oracle made a full article on it. Here’s the link: https://www.oracle.com/in/database/what-is-a-relational-database/
In the 1970s it was initially developed by IBM researchers Donald D. Chamberlin and Raymond F. Boyce. Firstly SQL named “SEQUEL” (Structured English Query Language) and it was developed to use in Codd’s relational model. Later it is changed to SQL. And in 1979, Oracle launched the first commercially usable SQL language.
2. The latest version of SQL language.
If we talked about the version of the language then SQL is evolved a lot. From SQL-86, 89, 92 to SQL 2019 version. Undoubtedly SQL developers always try to keep the language up-to-date by adding all the necessary features which help all the developers to get all the benefits of the language. In the year 2021, we are using SQL server 2019. SQL is available for Windows, Linux, and Docker.
Download from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/sql-server/sql-server-downloads
- Firstly SQL named SEQUEL (Structured English Query Language) Later it is changed to SQL.
- In July 2020, PYPL Index released a list of programming languages in which SQL ranked #12 all over the languages that are amazing.
3. Features of the language
- SQL is straightforward and easy to learn language. With the help of amazing operations such as Insertion, Deletion, Manipulation we can retrieve data quickly and efficiently.
- It is highly compatible with all the databases such as MySQL, Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server, Postgre, etc.
- SQL doesn’t need any coding skills for data retrieval. Simple keywords such as SELECT, INSERT INTO, UPDATE, etc.. are used which makes the language more user-friendly.
- SQL is an independent language that implies that it can be used in any operating system such as Windows, Linux, Mac, and many more.
- It also provides you an amazing security feature that implies that you have the permissions of which particular details are shown to the users and the remaining data is secured in DBMS.
- SQL provides you transactional support to handle large records and also handles all the transactions. TCL is applied which has abilities like commit, rollback, and savepoint.
- The language also provides you with embedded features that imply that we can use a feature of an embedded host language such as C, COBOL, Java for the query.
- It’s an open-source language for building relational database management.
- SQL also has some important features such as SQL commands which categorized into four categories
- DDL – Data Definition Language
- DQL – Data Query Language
- DML – Data Manipulation Language
- DCL – Data Control Language
4. What are the Good platforms to learn SQL?
There are a collection of platforms where you can start discovering the language. And become a SQL Server Database Administrator or something else who has a pretty good knowledge of the language. There are plenty of genuine YouTubers and astonishing websites. They are making an astonishing job to make a comprehensive course on the language available Free of cost.
Following is the list of all the YouTubers account, some useful articles, and some well-paid courses which are available to learn SQL.
1. freeCodeCamp.org:- Learn the SQL programming language in this full course/tutorial. The course is designed for new programmers and will introduce common topics of databases using the SQL language. They cover the whole concept in just 4.2 hours.
2. Edureka:- This SQL Full Course video will comprise every topic of Structured Query Language (SQL) commencing from scratch. This video is excellent for beginners who want to study SQL and for professionals who want to smooth up their SQL skills.
3. SQL Documentation:- What’s better to learn the SQL language from its official documentation. They began directly from basic syntax and how to download it and continuously leads to advanced topics. You will easily understand how the database works and there is no prerequisite while learning the language.
4. w3schools.com:- It is a very great resource for beginners who wants to learn about Data Scientist. There are numbers of references and examples to look at and plenty of exercises and quizzes to help you learn SQL. and especially you will receive W3Schools online certification.
5. TutorialsPoint:- Basically, It’s a straightforward website that covers all the concepts very well. Right from basics to advanced level topics. Right from basics to advanced level in a very simple way.
6. SQLZOO:- It’s an amazing website to start doing practice exercises which definitely helps you to get a deep knowledge of SQL language.
1.The Complete SQL Bootcamp 2021
You’ll determine how to understand and communicate multiple queries to a database using one of the most in-demand skills. These skills are also suitable to any additional significant SQL database, such as MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Amazon Redshift, Oracle, and much more.
2. Introduction to Structured Query Language (SQL)
Basically, in the beginning, you’ll start the above installation steps for installing a text editor, installing MAMP or XAMPP (or equivalent), and creating a MySQL Database. You’ll uncover single table queries and The fundamental syntax of the SQL language, as properly database design with added tables, foreign keys, and the JOIN operation.
5. Why you have to learn the SQL language?
Now, most people having a question that why I have to invest time in learning SQL. So let’s clear all the points. SQL( Structured English Query Language) is pronounced as “SQL” or ” SEQUEL” which is mainly used for creating, managing, and retrieving data from the database. It’s a very simple way to create any Table and the most important thing is you don’t need any coding skills to prepare any database. Simple English language is used.
Now a question arises that in the future whether I have to switch the language or not?. Nowadays millions of data are generated on a daily basis and companies have to manage all the data. So companies are using SQL in a very huge amount because it can handle a large amount of data very well. So SQL is not going anywhere companies are in need of SQL language. That’s why companies are hiring SQL developers or Data Scientist in a very huge amount.
Not only SQL is used in retrieving data but also used in Data Manipulation. It means that the user has the time to test and manipulate the data very well.
6. Is there any career opportunity?
SQL is one of the most demanding languages because an everyday huge amount of data is created and companies have to manage all the data and they want data experts who can handle all these data’s.
Presently companies are hiring SQL developers in a large approach depends upon their talent. There is an abundance of jobs that are there while learning the language. Positively It’s an extremely leading moment to learn the language. And if you are passionate to learn how to work with data So then this is the best language. You have a plethora of jobs you can quickly determine any one of them.
Now let’s talk about salary, so it depends on the demand of the language and your experience. The average base salary of the SQL developer is approx 4-5 Lakhs per annum( as a fresher). Later that when you have an amazing year of experience your salary progresses to 12 Lakhs per annum. And one more thing is you can also do Freelancing. LinkedIn is also an amazing platform to get a job.
Following is the list of career:-
- Data Scientist
- Database Developer
- Database Administrator (DBA)
- SQL Database Testers
- BI Application Developer
- Big Data Expert
- SQL Data Analyst
- SQL Server Developer
- ETL Developer and many more are there.
7. Companies are using the SQL language
According to Google, presently 185,747 companies are using Microsoft SQL server that is insane and you can also estimate that how popular language is.
Most giant Companies are using the SQL language as the dominant language to manage all the data related things such as to create, maintain, and retrieve the data in a database, because of its engaging features. It is simple and easy to use and SQL developers are in an immense request that’s why companies are using SQL in building up. following are the companies that are using SQL language:
- Stack Overflow
- Oracle Corporation( Larry Ellison, co-founder of Oracle and 7th richest person in the world)
1. Is SQL a scripting language?
Ans: SQL is not a scripting language. SQL( Structured Query Language) is one of the most popular query languages used to create, maintain, and retrieve the data in a relational database management system (RDBMS).
2. Is SQL a programming language or database?
Ans:- SQL Language is a relational database language that is used to communicate with database management systems. SQL fulfills the definition of programming language but not a general-purpose language. It’s a domain-specific language.
I hope you loved the article if yes then experience it with your programmer friend as well as other friends. If this article helps you then comment on which things you liked and if you are a SQL programmer then share your thought regarding the language. And lastly, if you want to discover something more reported to the language then comment below I will try my best to add to the article.
- 7 Powerful ways to achieve the Swift language.
- Why C# Language Is The Groundwork To Enhance Powerful Appl.?
- 7 Powerful ways to achieve the Swift language.
- Structuring GO Language With Origin, Features, And Platforms Related to it.
- UNTYING KOTLIN|JAVA OR KOTLIN WHICH IS BETTER FOR ANDROID DEVELOPMENT.
- THE 7 BEST C PROGRAMMING BOOKS FOR EVERY CODER IN 2020
- TOP 7 MOVIES EVERY PROGRAMMER MUST WATCH