Do you know that nowadays most of the companies are not accepting any resumes or CVs especially from this covid situation they will see your “LinkedIn profile”? Why not make a great LinkedIn profile so that you can get plenty of internships or jobs. Try to read till the end!!!!
LinkedIn has become one of the best platforms to gain and share knowledge. It is like the exchange of knowledge and values. This gives you a platform to know great things from Influencers. They keep publishing posts, articles and many more knowledgeable things about the industry. Young professionals can reap great benefits from using LinkedIn.
Mostly, LinkedIn is being used for professional purposes. Not only this, by being active on LinkedIn, you are making your profile available for the availability of jobs. LinkedIn is almost used by 740 million people across the world. It is not only being used in India but overseas as well to a great extent. So, once you complete your profile on LinkedIn with the right choice of Keywords and content, it will be visible to them beyond the country’s barriers.
So we have talked so many things about LinkedIn but how can I create an amazing profile so that I will get plenty of internships or full-time jobs?
In this blog, we will talk about 10 profile tips you have to consider while creating a profile and if you already have a profile then you should be updated in 2021.
By the way, you can connect with me on LinkedIn: here’s the profile link.
Let’s get started
Here are a couple of related posts you may find helpful, too:
- How To Crack Aptitude Test In Campus Placements?
- 7 Exclusive Coding Projects Ideas You Must Add To Your Resume
- How Long Does It Take To Become A Web Developer? | A Complete Roadmap.
10+ Quintessential LinkedIn Profile Tips
1. Profile Picture
Firstly, you have to understand that never compare LinkedIn with other social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, etc. LinkedIn is specifically designed for professional purposes where you can’t put a selfie or any obvious filter photos as a profile picture.
Then what’s the ideal profile picture?
You don’t want to come off as an office person smiling, but at the same time, it shouldn’t be something super casual (like your profile photo on Instagram).
Following are the tips for picking the right LinkedIn profile picture:
- Pick up the photo that looks like you. It might sound obvious, but your photo should give candidates or recruiters a clear idea of what you’d look like if they met you tomorrow.
- Use a high resolution image and make sure it must be a recent photo.
- Make sure your face takes up at least 60% of the frame. Try to cover you face which covers upto 60% of the frame and if its not crop the images from upward or lower side.
- Avoid disturbing profile picture backgrounds. Its very obvious that putting a distracting background definitely looses focus from your face. So a simple background(white) can help ensure that you’re the focal point.
- Lastly, smile on your profile picture. Smile is the best expression that can put candidates at ease and make you look more approachable.
2. Perfect Headline
The headline is one of the most crucial factors because it will be the first impression whenever anyone or any recruiter encourage your profile. Having the right headline ensures you get found by recruiters for the right, relevant job since a lot of them only search by title.
The headline should convey who you are and what you’re about for e.g. if you are a Software developer at Google, Web developer or you are a graphic designer or video editor, and many more things then you can mention all these things.
You can take help from this photo.
3. Create Your Summary As A Story
A LinkedIn summary is what most people leave this field empty when they make a LinkedIn account. A summary is the most important factor for getting a wonderful job. What how’s it possible?
Basically, no one has that much time to examine your whole LinkedIn profile so most of the recruiters investigate your headline and then summary whether you are applicable for a particular job or not. So it’s very important not to leave empty and have a perfect summary that tells you what you have done in your life.
Following are the information you should add to your summary:
- Your years of experience in your current field.
- A list of your most relevant skills. This usually includes hard skills, tools you’ve used, programming frameworks, if you are graphic designer include your work, if you are a blogger or a youtuber show your work here, etc.
- Your current job title( if you are working somehwere add those things)
- What you’ve excelled at, any relevant accomplishments.
- If you are passionate about anything try to add.
- What kind of role you’re looking for (if you’re openly looking for a new job, of course)
So these are DO’s which you have to add to your summary. Some DON’Ts are also there which you have to neglect in your LinkedIn summary.
- Never add any motivational quotes in your summary.
- Don’t make it too short(one sentence only) and too long take your time to write.
- Don’t try to copy someone else summary the first thing about LinkedIn summary is make sure you have your own one.
4. Keywords Plays An Outstanding Role
Now, most of you thinking why keywords? why it is important?
Keywords plays a very important role in discovering your LinkedIn profile to the recruiters. So whenever a recruiter is finding a particular person for a job your profile will pop up if your job title is related to that keyword. If you are a Blogger or a Youtuber then you can understand how much keyword research is important.
So this tells the LinkedIn algorithm that your profile is VERY relevant to the specific keywords used.
For example, if you do a Software engineer, you could add the following keywords all-around your profile:
- Web developer Engineer
- Data analyst Engineer
- DevOps Engineer
- ML, AI Engineer
The best part is to check how many times your profile appeared in search results is going to your Dashboard. You can see a search appearance where you can see how many times your profile appeared in search results and which keywords it’s showing.
5. Featured Section
Basically, a featured section is a place where you can show your work on what you have done on LinkedIn. If you are a Blogger( just like me), write articles or books, if you are a Youtuber or if you have worked on any projects in your college or school time then show them off on your LinkedIn profile.
To do this, go to your profile ➜ Click the “Add profile section” button ➜ Select “Featured” ➜ Pick what you want to add.
Basically, experience is the #1 factor in whether you’re qualified for any given job or not. So it’s very important to add experience as this is the place where you have to show what you have done in your past or what you are doing currently.
For example, if you are a Blogger or a Youtuber you can add a content creator or if you have started doing internships or any job you can mention your role and companies name which will be very beneficial.
Let me tell you now thing before adding any experience always keep in mind that you always to explain everything that you have done. So you can add what your jobs role include the responsibilities and achievements.
7. Must Include Licenses & Certifications
If you have certifications that are highly relevant for your role (or the desired position), you should include them on your LinkedIn profile.
To do this, go to your profile, hit “add profile section,” and pick “licenses and certifications.”
8. Show Your Skills and Endorsement
This is very important this is the place where you list down all the skills you have such as web development, ML, AI, graphic designing, content creator, video creator, digital marketer, and many more. LinkedIn gives you a limit of 50 skills you can add so it’s up to you how many skills you want to add.
Once you’re done with that, It’s time to get some endorsements.
Contact your coworkers & ex-colleagues who are on LinkedIn and ask them to endorse your skills. To return the favour, you can offer to also endorse them in return.
9. Show Them You Are Open to New Opportunities
Whether you are finding any internships or any job LinkedIn helps you to show that you are open to new opportunities. This helps recruiters understand whether you’re open to being approached or not.
Simply click on “Get Started” and fill in all the information.
10. Grow Your Network
LinkedIn is the best place to make connections to other people it doesn’t matter whether you know him/her or not. Basically, this platform is mainly built for this where you can connect with the recruiters, HR specialists, and hiring managers in companies you want to work for to your network.
This way, you’ll always be updated with open positions that they might have, and you’ll pop up on top of all other candidates when these recruiters do search for someone with your skill-set.
One thing always keeps in mind is to connect with those people who are related to your interest or jobs role that really helps you. For e.g., if you are a digital marketer then search “Digital Marketing” and try to connect with the people who have written digital marketer in their headline.
To begin with, you can message them that you are looking for an internship or full-time job I will be happy to discuss any opportunities at any point. Try to comment on their posts.
Now you already know everything about how to build an amazing LinkedIn account it’s time to apply on your own account. Nowadays, LinkedIn is really important especially for job purposes. So if you are looking for a job then you must apply these things to your account. Try working through these ideas and definitely you’ll find that you can make progress quickly.
Once you start taking full advantage of your LinkedIn profile features you’ll be amazed what a difference it can make to both you and your business. Make 2021 the year it happens!
I hope you really loved it please share it with your friends and colleague and tell me your own opinion. If you feel something should be more added to this blog you can message me on my social media handles.
- How to make money through coding? 9 Easy Ways To Make Money.
- 20+ best free png icons for web designing | Commercial use
- 9 Amazing Fiverr Gigs that require NO SKILLS| Make money online
- 9 Amazing Apps Every College Student Must Try| Best Apps.
- 11 Exclusive Online Jobs For Students To Earn Up To $100
- Is learning coding worth it In 2021? 5 ultimate motives to start coding.
- 11 Remarkable And easy Platform For Groovy Language Tutorial
- Astonishing Features and Uses of the Ruby language?
- Laptop : acer Nitro 5 Ryzen 5
- Phone: realme 8 Pro
- Tablet: APPLE iPad
- Headphones: boAt Airdopes 131 Bluetooth Headset
- Speakers: Mivi Roam2 5 W Bluetooth Speaker
- Mouse: HP 250 Wireless Optical Mouse
- Hard Drive: WD Elements 1TB
- Need a personal mentor for blogging: UnlockDigital
- Web Hosting: Bluehost
- Freelancing site: Fiverr
- Email Marketing: GetResponse