Hey, Everyone, I am Prakash Mishra, I would like to tell you all the astonishing information regarding the PHP language that is one of the most popular languages in the world. PHP ranked #6 all over the languages so you can say that it is a very powerful language and millions of people are using PHP language.
Are you interested to learn the PHP language and want to get all the information regarding the language?. So this article is totally for you in which I have covered all the kinds of stuff related to the language. Such as Definitions, history/origin, features, some good platforms to learn the language, and even more things.
Following are the topics which we will discuss in this article:
- What is the PHP programming language?
- The latest version of PHP language.
- What is Scripting Language?
- Features of the language.
- What are the Good platforms to learn PHP?
- Why you have to learn the PHP language?
- Is there any career opportunity?
- Companies are using the PHP language.
- Q/A related to the language.
1. What is the PHP programming language?
PHP stands for Hypertext Preprocessor. It is a server-side scripting language that is essentially designed for Web Development. By using the language we can create interactive and dynamic web pages more efficiently. The principal function of PHP in your website as it works as a backend on your website which mainly receives all the data from the form collects cookies, sends emails, etc.
It’s a Cross-platform language that implies that it can run on all the operating systems like Windows, Linux, Mac, etc.
PHP is a completely free language, anyone can discover the language by just simply download from its official website:
PHP official website: https://www.php.net/
PHP language is created by Rasmus Lerdorf in 1994. In the same year, Rasmus wrote several sets of Common Gateway Interface(CGI) binaries which were written in C language. Which he used for his personal homepage. Earlier, PHP is called by the name “Personal Home Page/Forms Interpreter”(PHP/FI). After that Rasmus added some more functions and frameworks which helps them to develop simple and dynamic Web applications. And also capable to handle Databases and many more things.
- In 1994 PHP originally named as Personal Home Page. But now it stands for PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor.
- According to PYPL’s popularity of programming language, PHP ranked #6 in all over the languages that are insane.
- According to W3Techs’ data, PHP is used in almost 79% of all websites with a known server-side programming language.
2. The latest version of PHP language
If we talked about the version of the language then PHP is evolved a lot. From PHP 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 to PHP 8.0 version. Undoubtedly PHP developers always try to keep the language up-to-date by adding all the necessary features which help all the developers to get all the benefits of the language. In the year 2021, we are using PHP 8.0.
3. What is Scripting Language?
The scripting language is basically a language where instructions are written for a run time environment. They do not need the compilation level and are slightly interpreted. It begins with new functions to purposes and repairs complex systems collectively. A scripting language is a programming language produced for combining and communicating with other programming languages. source(GeekForGeeks)
4. Features of the language.
- PHP is a very simple, clean, well organized, and easy to understand language. It has a very similar syntax to the C language. So a new user can easily understand the language very well. Hence if a beginner having knowledge of the C language can understand very well. But But But there is no prerequisite to learn the language.
- It is an open-source language that implies that it is totally free of cost. Simply download it and start using it in your applications.
- Firstly, PHP is widely used in Web Development as a backend on web pages( I have already talked about how it worked). Secondly, PHP has a very great demand for the Database. Because of built-in modules, it helps to connect the databases very easily. A website like eCommerce needs a very huge amount of database management systems so it helps them by providing databases.
- PHP is a platform-independent language. All the operating systems such as Windows, Linux, Mac, and other O.S. support PHP language.
- Having amazing Community support always helps the language to grow more, gains some popularity, and become a powerful language. PHP has a very amazing community support
- PHP is a secure and reliable language that makes the language suitable for use as a server-side language.
- It is integrated with amazing databases such as MySQL, Postgre SQL, Oracle, Sybase, Informix, and Microsoft SQL Server.
- It is a loosely typed language.
5. What are the Good platforms to learn PHP?
There are a bunch of platforms where you can begin learning the language. And become a Web Developer or something else who has a pretty good knowledge of the language. There are plenty of genuine YouTubers and astonishing websites. They are doing an amazing job to make a complete course on the language Free of cost.
Following is the list of all the YouTubers account, some useful articles, and some well-paid courses which are available to learn PHP.
In this PHP tutorial for beginners in Hindi. In the first video specifically, he has touched on all the basic concepts and how to use PHP to make amazing applications(SQL Project). Surely PHP tutorial for beginners in Hindi will teach you everything you need to know about the language. Secondly, he has made a full course in Hindi so that you can easily learn all the basic concepts of PHP in a single place with proper code examples a proper doing coding in IDE’s.
Determine the PHP programming language in this full session. The course is designed for new programmers and will add common programming topics using the PHP language. They comprise the whole concept in just 4.3 hours.
3. W3 Schools:-
It is a very great resource for beginners who wants to learn about web developers. There are numbers of references and examples to look at and plenty of exercises and quizzes to help you learn PHP. and especially You will get W3Schools online certification.
4. PHP Documentation:-
What’s better to learn the PHP language from its official documentation. They started right from basic syntax and how to download it and gradually moves to advanced topics. You will easily start writing code within a minute and there is no prerequisite while learning PHP language.
One of the mistresses of all the programmers. It gives you outstanding concepts with a lot of examples also to understand instantly and you can get practice questions for exercise. Not only PHP you will get everything related to any programming languages.
Basically, It’s a straightforward website that reaches all the concepts really completely. Clockwise from basics to advanced level topics.
7. Code Academy:-
In this course, you’ll be presented with elementary programming ideas in PHP. Codeacademy is a totally unrestricted platform to learn the language. Basically, it guides you through code rather than with just video or text tutorials. They also present you quizzes, articles, and absolutely free projects.
6. Why you have to learn the PHP language?
PHP is an open-source language and feature-rich language. It a very easy to learn and understandable syntax. The syntax is very similar to the C language. Similarly, If you have a knowledge of C then the language is straightforward for you. The most important that language is free of cost, it provides you all the features free of cost that are marvelous. In software companies, PHP developers are in great demand. So if you have made a plan to start learning PHP language then you have taken a great resolution and surely get a great success.
7. Is there any career opportunity?
Currently, PHP is one of the most popular languages at this time, according to the survey conducted by TIOBE and PYPL Index.
Presently companies are hiring PHP developers in a large approach depends upon their talent. There is an abundance of jobs that are there while learning the language. Surely It’s a highly prominent moment to learn the language. So you have plenty of jobs you can easily choose any one of them. Now let’s talk about salary, so it depends on the demand of the language and your experience. so the average salary of the PHP developer is 6 Lakhs per annum. Following is the list of career:-
- Command-line Scripting
- Database Concepts
- Server-side Scripting
- Web Development
8. Companies are using PHP language
Most IT Companies are using the PHP language as the dominant language for Web Development because of its engaging features. It is simple and easy to use and PHP developers are in an immense request that’s why companies are using PHP in building up their Web Applications and more Database connections. following are the companies that are using PHP language:
- Daily Motion
- Etsy, and many more.
1. What is PHP and why it is used?
Ans:- PHP stands for Hypertext Preprocessor. It is a server-side scripting language that is truly produced for Web Development. Basically, by utilizing PHP language we can build interactive and powerful web pages more efficiently. PHP has a very great demand for Database connections also.
2. Is PHP a dead language?
Ans:- According to W3Techs’ data, PHP is used in almost 79% of all websites with a known server-side programming language. So it’s quite clear that the language is very popular and it’s not going anywhere. Yes, PHP has some bugs which they resolve by upgrading the language time-to-time.
3. Is PHP used for front end?
Ans:- The principal function of PHP in your website it works as a backend on your website which mainly receives all the data from the form collects cookies, sends emails, etc. therefore it worked as a backend.
I hope this article covers all the information’s regarding PHP language. If yes then share it with your programmer friend as well as other friends. If this article helps you then comment on which things you liked and if you are a PHP programmer then share your thought regarding the language. And lastly, if you want to learn something else related to the language then comment down I will try my best to add to the article.
- Why C# Language Is The Groundwork To Enhance Powerful Appl.?
- 7 Powerful ways to achieve the Swift language.
- The 7 Best C Programming Books For Every Coder In 2020
- Associating with the R language through features, platforms.
- Structuring GO Language With Origin, Features, And Platforms Related to it.