Hey, Everyone, I am Prakash Mishra, I would like to tell you all the astonishing information regarding the Groovy language that is one of the most emerging and converting into popular languages in the world. Groovy language is a compelling language, and millions of people are using Groovy language.
Are you interested to learn the Groovy language and want to get all the information regarding the language whether I have to invest my precious time or not?. So this article is completely for you in which I have included all the kinds of stuff linked to the language. Such as Definitions, history/origin, features, some good platforms to learn the language, and even more things.
Following are the questions which we will discuss in this article:
- What is the Groovy programming language?
- The latest version of Groovy language.
- Features of the language.
- What are the Good platforms to learn Groovy?
- Why you have to learn the Groovy language?
- Is there any career opportunity?
- Companies are using the Groovy language.
- Q/A related to the language.
1. What is the Groovy programming language?
Groovy is an object-oriented programming language and Java-syntax harmonious language that usually operates on the Java platform. Firstly Groovy source code compiled to Java Virtual Machine(JVM) bytecode and then interoperate with Java code and libraries.
The countless astonishing features of the language is it provides you both object-oriented programming and scripting language for the Java platform. The language is both static and dynamic typing and also affords you amazing features of other successful languages such as Python, Ruby, Perl, and Smalltalk.
Groovy official website:- https://groovy-lang.org/
In August 2003 James Strachan was the first person who informed regarding the development of Groovy language on his blog. Following this in 2004 Groovy submitted to JCP as JSR 241. Then various versions were released in past years. In Jan 2007 “1.0” was the first version which is released and later than 1.1 to 2.0.
2. The latest version of the Groovy language.
Let’s discussed the version of the language then Groovy is developed a lot. From Groovy 1.0, version. Undoubtedly Groovy developers continuously try to keep the language up-to-date by computing all the essential features which benefit all the developers to get all the advantages of the language. In the year 2021, we are using the Groovy 3.0.7 version. Groovy is open for Windows, Linux, and Docker.
Link for download:- https://groovy-lang.org/install.html
- Groovy language is one of the most emerging languages. According to the TIOBE Index in Jan 2020 Groovy ranked #23 in all the programming languages but in Jan 2021 it immediately jumped to #10 that is insane. So now you can predict that the language is grown a lot in some current years.
- In April 2015 language become a project at the Apache Software Foundation via incubator.
3. Features of the language
- Groovy is a concise, brief, and powerful language to discover. It has a comparable syntax to the Java language. The language presents all the wondrous features of Java by just totally grasps the existing Java concepts and strengthen upon them. So the developers who are familiar with Java can clearly understand the language in a short span of time.
- As we all know that Groovy is interoperate with JVM that symbolizes that we can quickly use existing Java libraries and code. That supports you not to lose your previous code which you have to write for your application.
- It supports both static and dynamic typing. dynamic typing implies that the type checking is done at the time of execution or run-time that is astonishing. This specialty helps you to solve bugs at the time of execution. Python, PHP, Ruby, Objective-C are examples. Static typing means that the type checking is done at the time of compiling stage, not in execution time. Java is an example and it is lagging from this feature.
Some more Features
- It supports domain-specific language for determining particular problems through specific methods.
- Since Groovy is an object-oriented language but it also supports functional language features such as Closures, Curry, Lazy evaluation, Immutability, Modularity, and even more.
- Groovy supports various markup languages such as HTML and XML.
- Language is extensively used in developing any projects in Java as an alternative language, and if you want to choose any language to build your own application, then it’s quite a fantastic language. Because of its dynamic nature, Groovy is well adapted for Web Development. Groovy has some excellent frameworks like Grails by which we can efficiently build websites. It also uses in DSLs.
- By using Groovy syntax it’s very easy to generate regular expressions. By simply using # regular expressions i.e. operator regex=~, operator match==~, pattern operator ~string.
- The original syntax for lists and associative arrays.
- It also provides amazing features such as DSL support, multiline strings, expression embedded in strings, getter and setter, and many more.
4. What are the Good platforms to learn Groovy?
There are a collection of platforms where you can start discovering the language. And become a Groovy Developer or something else who has a pretty good knowledge of the language. There are plenty of genuine YouTubers and astonishing websites. They are making an astonishing job to make a comprehensive course on the language available Free of cost.
Following is the list of all the YouTubers account, some useful articles, and some well-paid courses which are available to learn Groovy.
1.Derek Banas:- He presented a full course on the Groovy language. You will learn how to install it on Mac and Windows. Then he covers the Basics, Math, Strings, Output, Input, Lists, Maps, Range, Conditionals, Looping, Methods, Closures, File IO, OOP, and a ton of other topics in between. By the end, you’ll learn as much as you’d learn in a standard 250-page book on Groovy.
2. Groovy Documentation:- What’s better to learn the Groovy language from its official documentation. They began directly from basic syntax and how to download it and continuously leads to advanced topics. You will easily understand how the database works and there is no prerequisite while learning the language.
3. TutorialsPoint:- Basically, It’s a straightforward website that covers all the concepts very well. Right from basics to advanced level topics. Right from basics to advanced level in a very simple way. All the concepts are cleared with examples that are amazing.
4. Groovy Script Tutorial for Beginners by guru99:- Its an amazing website to start learning Groovy language. They started right from basic concepts such as what is groovy to advanced concepts.
5. Groovy Tutorials by Java Code Geeks:- In this detailed Resource page, we feature an abundance of Groovy Tutorials!
Some Paid Platform
1. Groovy Programming Fundamentals for Java Developers:-
In this course, they will take you step-by-step through the various popular features and programming languages of the Groovy programming language allowing you to supercharge your developer productivity by providing the power of Groovy’s language and short programming syntax.
The course will explore Groovy’s potent and dominant syntax which cuts development time dropping to at most a part of the time you had to spend in writing the Java program.
2. The Complete Apache Groovy Developer Course:-
Discovering a new language helps develop your skills as a developer and present you more commercial to employers. I usually get that understanding of how another language solves problems makes me a more expert developer with the languages. I am here to determine you all regarding an outstanding dynamic language called Apache Groovy.
3. WebServices/API Testing by SoapUI-Groovy:-
No Pre-requisite, We will teach groovy in this course which we will use as a programming language for SoapUI. The only course in the Web World with 2 real-time projects of Webservices/API automation using SoapUI Tool.
Only course on the web which cover almost all advance topics such as Xpath Assertion, XQuery Assertion, Handling CData, etc.
4. Groovy Fundamentals by Pluralsight:-
This course will introduce you to not only the Groovy language but also the underlying Groovy platform. During this course, they will try to develop a Groovy application that can parse GPS data from an XML file, include it into a database, and regular exchange this data to determine data recovered from a REST API. At the end of this course, you’ll not only have a knowledge of the Groovy language, but you’ll also be able to use Groovy in a number of common daily use cases.
5.Why you have to learn the Groovy language?
Now, most people having a question that why I have to invest time in learning Groovy. So let’s clear all the points. Groovy is one of that programming languages that is growing so father than any other languages. According to the TIOBE Index in Jan 2020 Groovy ranked #23 in all the programming languages but in Jan 2021 it immediately jumped to #10 that is insane. So now you can predict that the language is grown a lot in some current years.
Now a question arises that in the future whether I have to switch the language or not?
Groovy is not going anywhere in the future because of its amazing features. Firstly Grails frameworks are widely used in most of the companies for Web Applications such as LinkedIn, TransferWise, PedidosYa, EasyCrédito, Secret Escapes. Secondly, some features such as dynamic typing, domain-specific language, regular expressions make the language different from other languages and become more powerful. Lastly Groovy provides you the similar syntax to Java so Java developers can switch to the language very easily and that helps to use Groovy for building up any applications
6. Is there any career opportunity?
Let’s talk about what’s the career in Groovy and companies which are using Groovy. Groovy is one of the most rising and becoming a popular language in the future. Presently companies are hiring Groovy developers in a large approach depends upon their talent. There is an abundance of jobs that are there while learning the language. Positively It’s an extremely leading moment to learn the language. And if you are passionate to learn how it interoperates with Java and how to use it in Java program or any other purpose So then this is the best language. You have a plethora of jobs you can quickly determine any one of them.
Now let’s talk about salary, so it depends on the demand of the language and your experience. The average base salary of the Groovy developer is approx. 6-7 Lakhs per annum( as a fresher). Later that when you have an amazing year of experience your salary progresses to 12 Lakhs per annum. And one more thing is you can also do Freelancing. LinkedIn is also an amazing platform to get a job.
Following is the list of career:-
- Java Groovy Developer
- Software Engineer
- Web Developer
- Team Leader, IT
- Information Technology(IT) consultant
Also watch this for proper details of Jobs related:- Average Software Engineer with Groovy Programming Language Skills Salary in India
7. Companies are using the Groovy language
According to Google, presently 347 companies are using Groovy that is insane and you can also estimate that how popular language is.
Most giant Companies are using the Groovy language as the dominant language It is simple and easy to use and Groovy developers are in an immense request that’s why companies are using Groovy in building up. following are the companies that are using Groovy language:
1.What is Groovy language used for?
Ans:- Language is extensively used in developing any projects in Java as an alternative language, and if you want to choose any language to build your own application, then it’s quite a fantastic language. Because of its dynamic nature, Groovy is well adapted for Web Development. Groovy has some excellent frameworks like Grails by which we can efficiently build websites.
2. Is Groovy better than Java?
Ans:- Groovy somehow better than Java but we can’t say that it replaces the Java language in the future. The language has some amazing features from which Java is lagging. Groovy features such as it support scripting language and somehow it also supports functional language also. Groovy also supports Static and Dynamic typing.
3. Is Groovy popular?
Ans:- Nowadays Groovy is emerging a lot. According to the TIOBE Index in Jan 2020 Groovy ranked #23 in all the programming languages but in Jan 2021 it immediately jumped to #10 that is insane. So now you can predict that the language is grown a lot in some current years.
I hope you loved the article if yes then experience it with your programmer friend as well as other friends. If this article helps you then comment on which things you liked and if you are a Groovy programmer then share your thought regarding the language. And lastly, if you want to discover something more reported to the language then comment below I will try my best to add to the article.
- 7 Powerful ways to achieve the Swift language.
- Why C# Language Is The Groundwork To Enhance Powerful Appl.?
- 7 Powerful ways to achieve the Swift language.
- Structuring GO Language With Origin, Features, And Platforms Related to it.
- UNTYING KOTLIN|JAVA OR KOTLIN WHICH IS BETTER FOR ANDROID DEVELOPMENT.
- THE 7 BEST C PROGRAMMING BOOKS FOR EVERY CODER IN 2020
- TOP 7 MOVIES EVERY PROGRAMMER MUST WATCH